We're growing! Be a part of our team!
Are you hoping to become our next Emerald Doula? We're actively looking to add new birth professionals to our group.
We are currently accepting applications for the following:
Full-Time Birth Doulas
Overnight Postpartum Doulas
Why Emerald Doulas?
- Work as part of a team of birth professionals who are well recognized and and respected by families and care providers alike.
- Work within a community of experienced doulas who provide support and mentorship
- You set your own schedule AND have the ability to set an on-call/off-call schedule that works for you
- We're a proud member of the Durham Living Wage Project. Earn a living wage and have a sustainable career, doing work you love!
- Emerald Doulas does the promotion and marketing for you! Emerald Doulas is a registered LLC with a strong, and well-planned social media and online presence. We also work hard to maintain longterm relationships with local care providers, hospitals, community groups and educators.
- We're active in our local business communities, and members of Sustain-A-Bull Durham (An Independent Business Alliance) and WE Collective, a network of woman-owned small businesses in Durham, NC.
Emerald Doulas is committed to providing comprehensive birth and postpartum services for Triangle-area families. We provide unbiased, reliable, compassionate support for all area families without judgement and operate with professionalism, integrity and respect in all aspects of our business.
Requirements for Applicants:
- Reliable vehicle with valid North Carolina driver's license
- Reliable childcare with back-ups
- Professional, kind, compassionate personality
- A cellular phone
- Willingness to support all families without judgement, regardless of parenting philosophies, birthing goals or family makeup
- Computer and internet access and willingness to respond in a timely manner to both client and business needs
- For birth doulas: The willingness to attend Community Prenatal Meetings each month and attend bi-weekly team meetings when possible, in addition to fulfilling client contract obligations.
- For postpartum doulas: The willingness to work at a minimum of 24 hours per week, with availability for at least two to three overnights per week.
- Willingness to receive and maintain CPR and First Aid certification
- Completion of accredited birth doula training course and proof of any relevant trainings or certifications
- Willingness to receive TdAP vaccination or provide proof of immunization
- Ability to pass criminal background check
Does this sound like you?
Email us at: email@example.com or call us at (919) 864-8361 to obtain an application.
Serious inquiries only, please. We are not birth hobbyists, we are professionals.